Lynchburg Photos
Biggers School (09705)
The Biggers School was built in 1881 and was located on Fifth at Clay Street. The school was named for the city's first Superintendent, Mr. A.F. Biggers. The location where the school stood is now a playground. While an undated image, the cars are from the 1930's.
Biggers Elementary School1881Fifth StreetClay StreetSuperintendent A. F. BiggersplaygroundLynchburg VA
- No Comments
The Lynchburg Museum System does not own copyright for all material in its collections and therefore, cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material. Please note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed for fair use or other statutory exemptions. The responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission rests with the person desiring to use the item.
All images in this collection may be used for educational or scholarly purposes and are provided free of charge at a low resolution for this use. We ask that the credit line "Courtesy of the Lynchburg Museum System" be used with each image.
If you would like a higher resolution file of a particular image or wish to publish an image in any form, an access/handling fee will be charged. Please contact the Lynchburg Museum at (434) 455-6226 or at museum@lynchburgva.gov for assistance.